Sunday, October 14, 2007

Liz's request.

Yesterday i got an interesting text message from liz. Her boyfriends really close friends are dealing with suicide, and she wanted to know if i knew any verses on the topic. I didn't so i went in search for some to share with her. As i was searching (biblegateway! amazing!) i came across this verse, and it was just so simply put, that even though it didn't do with suicide, well the first part did but the part im talking about didn't. I loved it. So i thought i'd share it with you:

Acts 16: 27-31

"27-28Startled from sleep, the jailer saw all the doors swinging loose on their hinges. Assuming that all the prisoners had escaped, he pulled out his sword and was about to do himself in, figuring he was as good as dead anyway, when Paul stopped him: "Don't do that! We're all still here! Nobody's run away!"

29-31The jailer got a torch and ran inside. Badly shaken, he collapsed in front of Paul and Silas. He led them out of the jail and asked, "Sirs, what do I have to do to be saved, to really live?" They said, "Put your entire trust in the Master Jesus. Then you'll live as you were meant to live—and everyone in your house included!"

"Put your ENTIRE trust in the Master Jesus"
It is easy for me to trust the Lord with easy everyday living things, but when things start getting tough i find that I need to fix my own problems before even praying to God about them. I cant do it alone, I need Him.

No comments: