Monday, October 22, 2007

God's Time

So lately I have been thinking about God's Time. I find myself always wanting to go go go, and I forget that i need to pray and recieve Gods answers...ON HIS TIME! When i started thinking about this, i started thinking about Zachariah and his wife Elizabeth, God sent Gabriel to send Zachariah a message that his wife, elizabeth (though she was averagly too old to concieve) would become pregnant and have a baby to be named John. Zachariah questioned this, how could an older man and an older women possibly concieve? (I LOVE GABRIELS RESPONSE!) Gabriel says back to him,

"I am Gabriel, the sentinel of God, sent especially to bring you this glad news. But because you won't believe me, you'll be unable to say a word until the day of your son's birth. Every word I've spoken to you will come true on time—God's time." -Luke 1:19-20

Gods time. the story goes on to Zachariah having to not say a thing until they were to name the baby John, and he follows Gods rule and gives him back his voice.

I find this all very convicting and very true. I love reading stories over again, I feel as if i get something new out of them all the time. The bible is full of million lessons and stories to learn from! God is AMAZING!

No comments: